Transfer Sheet Instructions
- Trim around the image you'd like to affix to your garment.
- Prepare a FLAT solid surface on which to iron.
- Switch on your iron and allow to heat up to full temperature for 4 minutes.
- Ensure the steam setting on the iron is set to OFF.
- Before transferring, peel off the image from the backing sheet.
- You will end up with a thin film with the image and the discarded backing paper which you do not need.
- Note: Allow yourself ample cutting space between your image and the area in which you choose to peel the image from the backing.
- Before completely lifting the image from the backing trim the excess portion used as a point for removing the image from the backing.
Transferring the image Ironing
- Cover the surface on which you are ironing with an old T Shirt or similar fabric to give it a slight cushioning and protect it from the heat.
- Place the item to be printed on the surface with the area onto which you are about to transfer facing up.
- Iron the material without the image to warm it up a little and smooth out any creases (about 30 seconds).
- Place the transfer paper with the image printed face up on the item. Remember to peel off the backing which has the grid printed on it.
- Place the silicon paper (supplied and re-usable) onto the exposed image to protect the iron from the ink.
- Start Ironing the image.
- Make sure ALL AREAS of the image receive the same amount of heat by moving the iron constantly in SMALL CIRCLES and covering all the areas, especially the edges.
- Apply FIRM and CONSTANT PRESSURE to the Iron. (you cannot put too much pressure on the image – the more the better)Iron for about 3 minutes
- (For Images in A4 Size – for smaller images you can shorten the time roughly in proportion).
- Once ironed, leave the image to cool for about 1 minute and remove the silicon paper.
- The image should be closely stuck to the garment. If there are any areas which have not adhered well, replace the silicon paper and iron the area for a further 1 minute.
Transferring the Images – Peeling
- Wait about 1 minute before removing the silicon paper.
- Once peeled, the image is transferred and the process is finished.
- Wait 24 Hours before washing the garment
- Wash in a Washing Machine using a FULL SPIN CYCLE
- NOT Suitable for HAND Washing or Delicate cycles
- Do not tumble dry
- Some of the Image did not Transfer – Heat of the Iron is not high enough.
- Ensure the Iron is on FULL temperature and that all areas of the image are ironed.
- The image has not transferred at all and comes off the garment – Check that you have peeled the backing paper that has the grid printed on it.
- The image has disappeared and there is only the white background visible – You have placed the image face down onto the garment. The image should be placed face up and protected with the silicon paper when Ironing.